Is it just me or does everyone else also end up with a couple of random, overripe bananas that no one wants to eat? One solution I’ve found is to peel the banana, break it in half, place it in a container and put it in the freezer until the next time you need them for baking. You could also put the overripe bananas to work right away and try one of these delicious recipes that the whole family will love whether it’s for breakfast or a healthy snack.
10 Ways to Use Overripe Bananas
1. Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins – I’m not kidding when I say that this is my favourite muffin recipe! We make them all the time and they disappear, just like that! They are also simple enough to make that you can even get the kids to help you out.
2. Frozen Banana Nut Bites – I recently found this recipe on Pinterest and it looks like the perfect, healthy snack. Plus it’s really simple and only requires 4 ingredients.
3. Banana Bread Cookies – If you love banana bread and you love cookies, you have to try this recipe. I will bet you can’t eat just one! And it only requires one, large, overripe bananas. These freeze really well too.
4. Chocolate Covered Frozen Banana Peanut Butter Bites – Yes, it’s a long name but oh so delicious. It’s the perfect combination of foods in a frozen treat, what could be better than that?!
5. Avocado Banana Smoothie – The kids and I love this smoothie. It’s great at breakfast or just for a snack. And it not only takes care of that overripe banana, it’ll also take care of that avocado that’s been sitting on the counter.
6. Mango Banana Popsicles – Popsicles are very important in our house and I love the blend of banana and mango in this flavourful popsicle recipe. Another combination we love is strawberry and banana popsicles.
7. Banana Chocolate Chip Waffles – These are a staple in our house, at least once a week, sometimes for breakfast and sometimes for dinner. And they are really quick to prepare.
8. Banana Bread Brownies – Banana bread and brownies in one combination? Sounds amazing!
9. Easy Banana Ice Cream – The easiest and healthiest ice cream you’ll ever make. Did I mention that it’s pretty tasty too.
10. Nutella Banana Cookies And I saved the best for last. I haven’t had a chance to try this recipe yet, but I will be soon. They look amazing and really, what doesn’t tasted good with nutella? Well maybe chicken.
There you have 10 ways to use overripe bananas that are sitting on your counter, perfect for the whole family. I’ve also started a Banana Pinterest Board with even more delicious banana recipes for your baking pleasure.