With the days until Christmas quickly passing by, life is a flurry of get-togethers, holiday parties, shopping, baking and family traditions. It’s probably a tough time of year to cook full family meals every night.
That is why I love One-Pot Dinners. It’s quick, it’s not messy and you only have one pot to wash at the end of the meal. It’s kind of a life-saver this time of year.
Here are 5 of my favourite One-Pot Dinners:
1. Easy Mac N’ Cheese – This is our go-to when I don’t feel like cooking or there are no plans for dinner. It’s the easiest macaroni and cheese you’ll eve make, just 5 ingredients and they all go in one-pot. No straining required plus it’s kid-approved.
2. Akni – This East African inspired chicken, potato and rice dish may sound complicated, but when you have all the ingredients ready, you’ll be surprised at how simple it really is. And I can’t forget to mention how delicious.
3. Chilli – Chilli is a well-known comfort food. Did you realize that it’s all made so simply in one pot? Pair it with some tortilla chips or a baked potato to take it one step further.
4. Chicken Noodle & Vegetable Soup – Everyone loves chicken noodle soup, but a lot of the time it comes out of a can. Did you know that it’s actually very straight-forward to make the recipe at home? I didn’t realize it until I made myself and boy am I glad I did.
5. Hamburger Helper – Finally, this homemade cheesy hamburger helper is amazing, not only because it tastes so good, but all because it is made so quickly and all in one-pot. No mess to clean up.
What is your favorite one-pot dinner?