If you’re really busy, whether it’s running after your kids, working from home or both, often you don’t have time to do some of the things that are deemed necessary in life, one of those being, washing your hair. Now I’m not saying you should never wash your hair, but I have come up with a few solutions that can help you get through the few days before you have time to wash, dry and style your hair. They are quick, simple and you’ll still look fabulous 🙂
1. Dry Shampoo – My first suggestion is dry shampoo. You can get it at any grocery or drugstore and it’s quite inexpensive. You just follow the instructions and spray it near your roots, rub it in and you’re ready to go. If you want a more natural solution, here’s a great recipe from Wellness Mama for homemade dry shampoo.
2. Sock Bun – This is one that I’ve used many times. It looks great and is really simple to do. You can buy a sock bun thing from the store, or you can use an old (clean) sock, scissors, a hair tie and a bobby pin. Here’s a link to some sock bun tutorials and once you get the hang of it, you’ll love how it looks.
3. Braid – This has actually been my favourite during the summer. I’ve been going to the gym, the beach, swimming and lots of fun stuff with the kids. Much of the time I’ve either had no time to wash or no time to dry my hair and a braid works for dirty or wet hair! Just pull your hair to the back or the side, braid it, tie it, maybe use a couple bobby pins if you have layered hair and you’re done. A side benefit is that when you take it out, you’ll have beautiful waves in your hair.
4. Washing Your Bangs – I was a little embarrassed about this at first but it has been so helpful when I’m short on time, that I decided to share. Sometimes when I don’t have time to wash my hair, I pull my hair back and just leave out the bangs or the front portion. Then I wash and dry that part only. I will pull the rest of my hair back and the front looks clean and fresh. Kind of gross but also kind of ingenious if you ask me.
5. Wear a fun hat – Not having time to wash your hair is great excuse to wear all those hats you buy but then never end up wearing. And if you don’t own any hats, it’s the perfect time to buy a couple to tide you over to the next time you actually have time to wash & dry your hair.
You can also use a few of these tips together, like dry shampoo and a sock bun or braid. Or a braid and a hat. Or washing your bangs and then a braid. There are really so many ways to getaway with not washing your hair when you don’t have time and that’s often a reality for busy moms!
What’s your tip when you don’t have time to wash and style your hair? Would you use any of the tips above?