Today I’m sharing the best Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe ever. I’m not even exaggerating. Whenever I make these, they disappear so quickly and I get asked for more. They are simple and don’t even require an electric mixer, just a good old fashioned bowl and spatula.
4 ripe bananas (medium to large in size)
1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1/3 cup softened butter or margarine
1.5 cups of all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Mash your bananas in a large bowl. I like to leave the peel on, squish the bananas in my hands, then open the peel and add them to the bowl.
2. Add the sugars, egg and butter to the bananas. Mix well with a spatula.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together.
4. Then add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix it together with a spatula until it’s combined. Don’t over mix. Chunks of banana are great!
5. If you’re adding chocolate chips and/or walnuts, now would be a good time.
7. Put them in the oven that’s preheated at 350 degrees. The large muffins will need to bake for 20 minutes. The mini-muffins are about 8-10 muffins. They will a nice golden brown when they are ready.
8. Let the muffins cool, for as long as you can. It’ll be pretty hard as the delicious smells will tempt you. Then enjoy with a glass of milk.
I also did a video blog with my little guys on how exactly to make these muffins if that helps you out: Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins Vlog. If you need a gluten-free and dairy-free banana muffin recipe, I also have a one here and they are really good!
You can find the original recipe at Cat Can Cook. I have adjusted it to fit our families taste buds. Enjoy!