Many mornings, I’m so busy getting the kids ready for school, giving them breakfast and making sure lunches are ready, that often I don’t get time to eat a proper breakfast until much later. But lately, I’ve been obsessed with this Chia & Banana Breakfast that really just tastes like dessert. You can even make it the night before so there is no reason not to have a full breakfast in the morning too. It’s simple and tastes delicious!
1 cup vanilla almond milk
1-2 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp brown cane sugar (optional)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp pure vanilla essence
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/2 a banana, sliced
1. In a bowl, combine the vanilla almond milk, maple syrup, cane sugar, cinnamon & vanilla with a whisk. Mix it well.
2. Add the chia seeds and whisk for about 30-45 seconds.
3. Let the mixture sit for a minute then whisk for another 30-45 seconds.
4. If you’re making this the night before, cover and refrigerate until breakfast. If you’re making it in the morning, let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
5. When you are ready to eat, take it out of the fridge, mix with a spoon. Then slice bananas on top and enjoy.
This simple breakfast is healthy and delicious. It’s even perfect for those who eat a gluten and dairy-free diet. And once you try it, you’re going to love it, especially because it tastes like you’re eating dessert for breakfast!