My kids love doing DIY projects and crafts. In all honesty, I’m not the best crafter. I enjoy them but they never look as good as the picture. However, they are a lot of fun!
This week, we decided to tackle an at-home, Aquarium Craft for Kids. It’s so simple, that even I couldn’t mess it up. The kids had a lot of fun putting it together and now they have something really lovely to look at and play with in their rooms.
The Aquarium Craft is simple because there aren’t a lot of rules or instructions. You can use your imagination and be as creative as you want. You can add or take-away supplies, whatever your kids prefer. We purchased our supplies at our local dollar store and pet shop.
1. Sand and gravel
2. Sea shells
3. Sea plant
6. Sea creatures (we actually looked through a box of toys and picked up a bunch of sea animals from there.)
7. Water mixed with a drop or two of food colouring (to give your aquarium the blue color)
8. A wide-mouth jar or vase
1. Fill your jar a couple of inches with the sand and gravel so make a base. (If you are using a sea plant, anchor it to the bottom before piling on the sand and gravel to make sure it’s steady.)
2. Then you can use all your other supplies like the sea shells, marbles, and sea creatures to create a beautiful aquarium
3. Pour in the blue water just above 3/4 of the way
4. Then enjoy your aquarium.
This craft is so great because it’s simple, fun and it doesn’t require any cleaning of the aquarium. The kids can always add and take away sea creatures whenever they feel like it.
If you are looking for other fun and simple crafts, check out my Summer Crafts Pinterest Board.