Dinner always needs a side dish and you can’t go wrong with baked homemade french fries. They’re simple to make, tasty and let’s face it, the kids (and adults) love it!
I’ve been making my own homemade fries for years. I used to cut the potatoes with a knife but then I discovered some gadgets that make it so much easier and faster. You just insert the potato and it comes out in slices. Then you just season and bake.
I’ve been using the old version of the Starfrit Chipper but after so many years, it’s time to replace it and I’m thinking one of these would be perfect.
Salt & Pepper
You can always adjust to accommodate your families tastes or experiment with new spices, like garlic powder, cayenne pepper and even Montreal steak seasoning.
1. Wash and scrub your potatoes.
2. Put them in the chopper of your choice or cut them with a knife.
3. Put them in bowl. Drizzle with olive (or canola) oil and shake until each piece is covered.
4. Sprinkle with your favourite seasoning and shake.
5. Cover a baking tray with foil, grease and then put the fries on the tray in a single layer.
6. Put them in the over that’s already preheated to 450 degrees. Bake for 40-50 minutes.
7. Let them cool and serve with dinner.
You can also try this recipe with sweet potatoes and yams, just lower the oven temperature and cooking time a little as they bake faster. And the french fries are perfect with these homemade chicken strips.
What your favourite side dish to serve with dinner?
*This is not a sponsored post. As always, all opinions are my own.