Ever since I tried Matcha, I’ve been kind of hooked! It’s not only delicious, there are also many health benefits.
Now I don’t drink it as just brewed green tea, I always like to put a little extra yumminess in. Last summer, I was hooked on this Iced Green Tea Frappe Recipe.
This year, it’s the Matcha Green Tea Latte. It is perfect anytime of the day when you need a little warmth or relaxation. And did I mention that it’s really easy to make? All you need is a milk frother and a few simple ingredients.
1 cup of milk (any kind you prefer)
1-2 tsp of Matcha green tea powder
1-2 tbsp of sugar
whipping cream (optional)
Instructions for automatic milk frother:
1. Put the milk, matcha powder and sugar in your frother
2. Select the heat/froth button and let it do its thing
3. Pour it into your cup
4. If you want, put on the whipping cream and sprinkle a little powder on top to make it look pretty.
5. Then enjoy!
Instructions for hand frother:
1. Heat your milk separately, on the stove or in the microwave
2. Put the milk in a deep cup (to avoid splatter)
3. Add the Matcha powder and sugar. Turn on the frother and mix until everything is well combined and you have some froth on top.
4. Pour into a cup and add the whipping cream if you like.
5. Then enjoy.
It truly is that simple and it tastes just as delicious as your favourite coffee shop. A bonus is that you know exactly what is going into your drink.
p.s. If you’re not sure about frothers, I tested out a few so hopefully that might help you pick one out.