Pancakes are always a favourite in our house. Sometimes it’s for breakfast and sometimes it’s actually for dinner. I’ve tried a lot of different recipes but this Simple Pancakes recipes has become our go-to. They are not super fancy, but they are easy and yummy!
It’s really quick to make. you can use your own add ins like mashed bananas, chocolate chips or blueberries and the leftovers are always perfect for the kids’ lunch boxes the next day.
If you have a pancake fan in your house, you can’t go wrong with this easy recipe!
Easy Pancakes Recipes
– 1 cup of unbleached all-purpose flour
– 2 tbsp of sugar
– 2 tsp of baking powder
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 cup of almond milk (or any milk you prefer to use)
– 1 egg
– 1/2 tsp vanilla
– 2 tbsp oil (I’ve used olive and canola)
– chocolate chips, mashed banana and blueberries (optional add-ins)
1. In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl; the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt
2. Next is the wet ingredients. Now, you can put them all in a separate bowl, whisk it together and then pour it into the dry ingredients and mix. Or if you’d like things to be faster and use less dishes, try this instead:
Pour your milk, egg, vanilla and oil into the dry ingredients. Use a whisk to combine it all. Don’t over mix as it does come together pretty quickly.
3. At this point you can add your chocolate chips, banana or blueberries if you’d like.
4. Heat your pan on med-high heat. Coat the pan with some oil or butter. Pour in spoonfuls of batter. The kids like mini pancakes so I usually use 1-2 spoonfuls per pancake. For bigger pancakes, use 3-4 tablespoons of batter. When the pancake starts to bubble, after around 1-2 minutes, flip the pancake over and cook the other side.
5. Continue doing this until all the batter is finished. Serve with maple syrup, fresh fruit or jam for a delicious breakfast or dinner. And don’t forget to use the leftovers for the kids’ lunches the next day.