My mom always used to make lassi at home when I was young. It was a salty lassi that had a great tangy taste to it. Then in 2007 when I went on my first trip to India, I tried a sweet lassi and oh my goodness, it was so delicious! I still remember it until this day.
I finally decided it was time to try and recreate the lassi at home. With the days getting warmer, it’s a great cold, yummy and healthy drink since the main ingredient is plain Greek yogurt, perfect for any summer recipe.
I used Olympic Kreme Greek Style Thick & Rich Yogurt because not only is it made with 100% natural ingredients, it’s also made right at home in Delta, BC, along with all other Olympic Dairy products. I’m a big believer in supporting local when I can.
This recipe that I made for the Simple Sweet Lassi, really is simple. It only requires five ingredients and a blender and it’s so good, you’ll be looking for any excuse to make it!
Simple Sweet Lassi
– 1 cup Olympic Krema Greek Style Plain Yogurt
– 1/4 cup milk (you can use any type or you can use cold water)
– 2-3 tbsp sugar (depends on how sweet you like it)
– 1/8 tsp ground cardamom
– 2-3 cubes of ice (optional)
– few strands of kesar (or saffron)
– chopped pistachio and almond (optional)
1. Add the milk, yogurt, sugar, cardamom and ice cubes in the blender, in the order mentioned. You don’t need the ice cubes but it helps to make it colder!
2. Blend it until it’s smooth. I like to use the ice crush button for a few seconds at the end to froth it up a little.
3. Pour it into a glass. Add your strands of saffron and let it sit for a few minutes to get the flavour of it.
4. Sprinkle in the nuts if you choose to and enjoy!
Since we already enjoy and eat Olympic dairy products, I was excited to try the new Olympic Organic Probiotic Yogurt as well as the Organic Olympic Vanilla Kefir which is also available strawberry and plain . They are refreshing as well as very smooth and creamy!
Even thought I’ve heard lots about Kefir, I had never actually tried it before. I found out that Kefir is actually a probiotic, fermented milk that contains 2 billion probiotics (per 250 ml),is low in fat 1% M.F., has 10 different bacterial cultures. and is great for a healthy digestive flora, and I know our family can always use a boost for our digestive health 🙂
After you try this delicious Simple Sweet Lassi recipe and love it so much, then check out some more of Olympic Dairy’s farm to-table recipes here.
Although this post has been generously sponsored by Ultima Foods, the opinions and language are my own.