Reading is really big in our house. I think it started when I was a child and I would try and sneak in more reading under the covers after lights out. I loved being transported into another world and using my imagination as I read new stories and adventures.
When I had children, I really wanted them to have that same love of books. We began reading to them when they were only a couple of months old. When we started a nap and bedtime routine, we made sure that books were part of that. We came across some beautiful books that our children ended up treasuring and that we love as well.
If you have a baby on the way, need a gift for someone who is expecting or even a Christmas gift idea for a little one, these books will not disappoint. These are definitely 5 Books Every Baby Should Have:
1. Counting Kisses – This is one of my favourite books to read to my children. It’s simple, fun and gives you lots of excuses to shower your kids with hugs and kisses!
2. The Book of Sleep – This is the perfect bedtime book. It gets your baby in the mood for sleep with its simple words and beautiful pictures. And don’t forget to look for the owl on each page.
3. Good Night Moon – This classic children’s book was first published in 1947 but it’s still a favourite of little children today. Once you open it up and read it, you’ll understand why.
4. I Love You Through and Through – I was in love with this book, the first time I read it to my kids. It expresses to your children, in a very simple way, that you will always love them, no matter what.
5. Busy Little Mouse – This was the first book that I received as a gift when my first child was born and it stayed as a regular in our book rotation, even with my second. The kids still love it as toddlers and have it completely memorized!
What are the favourite books in your home?