As moms, our purses and diapers bags are always full. We try and pack everything we need when we’re out with the kids like snacks, small toys, diapers, hand sanitizer, bib, utensils, the items are endless.
For the summer, I’ve found that these five items are must-haves in your bag when you’re out with the kids.
1. Kids socks – It’s summer, it’s hot and we are all wearing sandals and definitely not socks. But if you are taking your kids to any indoor play area’s, including at the malls, they all require socks. And instead of of forking out a few bucks every time your kids want to play, keep a pair of socks in your bag, they’ll really come in handy.
2. Empty water bottle – Keeping a small water bottle in your bag is great, especially on really hot days. It keeps you and the kids hydrated, it’s handy to refill, it saves you money by not buying water bottles and let’s face it, it’ll keep plastic bottles out of the landfill.
3. Sunscreen – A bottle of sunscreen is essential to keep in your bag for a couple of reasons. One is because if you leave it in the car, it’ll get too hot and that breaks down the sunscreen so it’s not as affective when you use it. The second reason is that if you’re anything like us, there are lots of impromptu stops at parks and spray parks and you want to make sure the sunscreen is handy to stay protected from the sun.
4. Wipes – These are always necessary, year round, for the whole family to wipe spills, dirty hands, runny noses etc.. And you can actually buy really small ones that fit easily in your purse, especially if your kids are a bit older and out of diapers.
5. Band aids and first aid cream – Summertime is full of lots of outdoor fun like parks, picnics, beaches, hikes, swimming pools and spray parks. It’s also dress and shorts season which means exposed knees. Along with the fun, the falls will happen with deeper cuts and scrapes so the first aid cream and the band aids will definitely be a necessity.
Those are the 5 essentials for my bag this summer. What would you add to the list?