The other afternoon, as dinner loomed closer, I was drawing a blank as to what to make. My meal planning has fallen to the wayside as of late and the kids were getting hungry, not to mention their mom. So I decided to ask them what they wanted for dinner. The enthusiastic response was, “Banana chocolate chip waffles!”
I thought, why not? I have all the ingredients and it was a pretty simple recipe. Breakfast for dinner it was!
Banana Chocolate Chip Waffles
Ingredients for Banana Chocolate Chip Waffles:
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 Tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4-1 cup of milk (depending on what kind of consistency you like)
1 mashed banana
3 Tbsp oil
1 large egg
1/4 cup chocolate chips
Instructions for Banana Chocolate Chip Waffles:
1. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix.
2. Add the milk, oil and eggs.
3. Then whisk it well.
4. Add the mashed banana. I usually squeeze the banana while it’s in the skin and then put it in the bowl. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to make sure it gets combined well with the batter.
5. And then the kids’ favorite part, the chocolate chips. Here’s their reaction when I told them it was time to add the chocolate!
7. When the iron is ready, spoonfuls of batter until full (but not overflowing.)
8. When the light goes off, the waffle is ready.