Today I was in the mood for something a little different for breakfast. I think we were all a little bored with the usual rotation and it was up to me to spice things up…literally. So, out came the recipe for Banana Oatmeal Muffins. I’d been wanting to make them for a while and I was excited to find out how they would taste, being sugarless and flourless.
Banana Oatmeal Muffins Recipe
Ingredients for Banana Oatmeal Muffins
– 2 small ripe bananas
– 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or any milk that you have in the house)
– 1 egg
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1.5 cups of oats (any kind you have)
– 3-4 Tbsp of chocolate chips
Instructions fro Banana Oatmeal Muffins:
1. Mash the bananas in a large bowl. (I actually like to mash them with my hands a bit while the peel is on before putting them in the bowl.)
2. Add the milk, egg, vanilla and baking powder to the bowl and whisk well.
3. Mix in the oats and chocolate chips until well combined.
4. Grease or spray your muffin tins and then fill them 2/3 of the way full with the batter.
5. Put them in the oven that is pre-heated to 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes. You will know they are done when the tops are a little brown and a toothpick comes out clean. This recipe will make between 8-10 muffins.
Easy as that you have sugar-free, flourless, delicious breakfast Banana Oatmeal Muffins. . My kids gobbled them up and even my picky husband approved.
If you have bananas that are getting too ripe, then this recipe is perfect to make. Another one of our favourite banana recipes is this one for Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins.
If fact, bananas are so popular in a house, we have a blog post decided to all our favourite recipes for Baking with Bananas.