Today I was in the mood for something a little different for breakfast. I think we were all a little bored with the usual rotation and it was up to me to spice things up…literally. So, out came the recipe for Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins. I’d been wanting to try them for a while and I was excited to find out how they would taste, being sugarless and flourless.
– 2 small ripe bananas
– 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or any milk that you have in the house)
– 1 egg
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1.5 cups of oats (any kind you have)
– 3-4 Tbsp of chocolate chips
1. Mash the bananas in a large bowl.
2. Add the milk, egg, vanilla and baking powder to the bowl and whisk well.
3. Mix in the oats and chocolate chips until well combined.
4. Grease or spray your muffin tins and then fill them 2/3 of the way full with the batter.
5. Put them in the oven that is pre-heated to 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes. You will know they are done when the tops are a little brown and a toothpick comes out clean. This recipe will make between 8-10 muffins.
Simple as that you have a sugar-free, flourless, delicious breakfast. My kids gobbled them up and even my picky husband approved. You can find the original recipe at Green Lite Bites. I’ve adjusted it a bit to fit our family’s tastes.