I love a good lassi. Especially in the summer when the weather is warm. Last year we were hooked on this Simple Sweet Lassi. This year, it’s a Blueberry Lassi!
Why you might ask? Well, last week, the kids and I did a blueberry U-Pick trip at Emmy Lea Farms. Not only did we have so much fun picking BC Blueberries straight from the bush, it was great to be able to support local farmers and eat local produce.
(At the bottom of this post, you can enter to win an awesome blueberry giveaway!)
BC Blueberries are just so sweet that we ate a lot of them on the car ride back. Once we got home, we used them in pancakes, smoothies and crepes. But I was also itching to try a new recipe and what came out of it was this super easy and super yummy Blueberry Lassi.
Blueberry Lassi Recipe
– 1 cup plain yogurt
– 1/2 cup BC Blueberries
– 1/4 cup milk
– 1-2 tbsp honey (or sugar)
– 2 pinches of turmeric
– 1/2 cup ice
– slivered almonds and pistachios and saffron (optional for garnish)
1. put all the ingredients, except the garnishes, in the blender. Blend until completely smooth.
2. Pour into two glasses. Garnish with the nuts and saffron if you want. (I love the extra flavour they give!) Then enjoy!
I wasn’t sure how it would turn out when I was first putting the recipe together, but the Blueberry Lassi was so delicious. I used my neighbour, my dad and my eight-year old son as testers and all three of them loved it!
I was really happy about that because not only are blueberries tasty (they aren’t called nature’s candy for no reason,) they are also really healthy for you. Blueberries are full of antioxidants, low in calories, and high in vitamins C, A and E, and dietary fibre. Eating just one cup of BC blueberries every day can help prevent and treat diabetes, heart disease, stroke, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. That’s a lot for one little berry!
If you haven’t had a chance to u-pick BC Blueberries this season, here’s a list of farms you can visit. If you don’t have time to pick them yourselves, you can just pick up a box at the farm closest to you or the local grocery store.
BC Blueberries also has a great giveaway for you! They are giveaway away two amazing gift baskets that are each valued at $250. Follow the instructions on the rafflecopter below to enter to win. Contest ends August 28, 2017 and is open to BC residents.
Each basket contains:
– British Columbia from Scratch: Recipes for Every Season by Denis Marchessault and Caroline West
– Bremner’s Blueberry Juice
– Glass carafe
– Le Meadow’s Pantry Hand-crafted Preserves Blueberry & Honey Jam
– Chilliwack River Valley Blueberry Honey
– Snow Farms Whole Dried Blueberries
– Monte Creek Blueberry Wine
– BC Blueberry Wine Glasses x 2
– BC Blueberry Apron
– BC Blueberry Fleece Picnic Blanket
– BC Blueberry Insulated Cooler Bag
– $50 Gift Card to Kin’s Market
* This post was sponsored by BC Blueberries. All opinions are my own.