If there are two things we love in our house, it’s baking and chocolate. Any opportunity we have to bring them both together is never missed! So when Nestlé sent me some of their Nesquik Chocolate Syrup, the kids are I were excited to stir things up and try out a totally tasty recipe. What we ended up creating was the most delicious Chocolate Coconut Macaroon Bites recipe that you need to try!
Chocolate Coconut Macaroons
– Nesquik Chocolate Syrup
– 3 cups of shredded coconut
– 3/4 cup of sweetened condensed milk
– 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
– 1 egg white
– pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, egg white and salt until it’s thoroughly combined.
3. Add in the shredded coconut and mix it all together with a spatula.
4. Line your baking sheet with parchment.
5. Take one heaping tablespoon of the mixture in your hands and roll into a ball. Put it down on the parchment.
6. Do that with the entire bowl, making sure to leave a little space between each ball.
7. When you’re done, bake them at 325 for 15-20 minutes. You’ll know the bites are done when they turn a little golden on top. You should get about 20 coconut macaroon bites. Let them cool completely.
8. Now the fun part, where you can also get the kids to help out. Pour the Nesquik Chocolate Syrup into a bowl.
9. Then take one ball at a time, dip it in the chocolate syrup to make a layer of chocolate around the bottom half. Wipe the bottom of the ball on the edge of the bowl. Do this with all of them. Then place them in a plate or container lined with parchment. Put them in the freezer for one hour (or overnight) for the chocolate to set.
10. Then take them out and enjoy the chocolatey, coconuty goodness, a delicious and cool treat! For even more chocolate flavour, pour some of the Nesquik Chocolate Syrup on top of the Chocolate Coconut Macaroon Bites.
Something you might not know about the Nesquik Chocolate Syrup is that is now comes with 25% less sugar and is fortified with iron.
The kids loved theses treats and they keep well in the freezer. These bite-sized chocolate coconut macaroons are peanut free so you can add them as a small treat in your child’s lunch box or even serve them at your next party.
Visit www.stirthingsup.nestle.ca for more recipe ideas
This post was sponsored by Nestlé . The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.