The other day, my oldest was up really early and since we had some time together, we decided to bake something for breakfast.
At first we wanted to make these Banana Oatmeal Muffins but we only had one banana, so instead, we came up with a recipe for Delicious Flourless Breakfast Cookies.
– 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
– 1/4 cup honey
– 3/4 cup peanut butter
– 1 ripe, mashed banana
– 2 cups oats (any kind you have will work)
– 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
– 3 tbsp sunflower seeds
– 1 tbsp chia seeds
-1/4 cup chocolate chips (if you don’t want to use chocolate or are dairy-free, raisins or cranberries are a great alternative)
1. Melt the coconut oil in a large glass bowl. Add in the honey and peanut butter. Mix until everything is smooth and combined.
2. Add in the mashed banana and mix.
3. Stir in the oats, flax, sunflower and chia seeds as well as the chocolate chips and make sure everything is well combined.
4. Put some wax paper on a baking sheet. Take about 3-4 tbsp of the batter and make it into a ball. Put it down on the cookie sheet and flatten it. Continue doing that until the batter is gone. You don’t need too much space between each cookie as they don’t spread when they bake.
5. Put the cookies in a preheated over, 325 degrees, for between 15-20 mins. When you see the edges starting to brown, you know the cookies are ready.
Take them out and let them cool before enjoying them with a glass of milk. It’s a great recipe for breakfast, even to take with you on the go or for a snack. It will about 12 large cookies
Full of lots of healthy ingredients, these Delicious Flourless Breakfast Cookies are also wheat-free, dairy-free, sugar-free and egg-free and perfect for the whole family!