Easy Avocado Smoothie Recipe
Smoothies are very popular in our house. Whether it’s for breakfast or just a snack, anytime I ask, “Who wants a smoothie?” I get a chorus of “me, me, me!” Those would be the voices of my five and three-year old children.
I love making smoothies because they are full of all the good stuff like fruit, yogurt, milk, greens and more. When I’m in a hurry, a smoothie is often my grab and go breakfast. Some of our favourites are the Banana Date Smoothie, Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie and a simple, delicious Watermelon Smoothie
But the smoothie craze started when my oldest was just a toddler. I decide to make him his first smoothie with two foods he already loved, bananas and avocados. I combined it with another couple of ingredients and this easy banana avocado smoothie was such a hit. Since then he has been a smoothie lover!
If you’ve never added an avocado to your smoothie, you should. They give the smoothie a creamy texture and avocados are really good for you to boot! They are full of good fats, fibre, anti-oxidants and are said to help lower cholesteral.
Easy Banana Avocado Smoothie
Ingredients for Avocado Smoothie:
– 1 ripe banana (riper it is the sweeter the smoothie)
– 1 ripe avocado
– 1 cup of almond milk (you can use any milk you like)
– 1 cup of ice
– honey to taste (optional. I didn’t use honey for the kids but some people like more sweetness in their smoothies.)
To make this avocado smoothie to the next level and make it even more nutritious and filling, you add some spinach, hemp hearts or even protein powder.
Instructions for Avocado Smoothie:
1. Cut and pit the avocado. Scoop out the flesh and put it in the blender.
2. Add the banana, milk and ice. (If you want to add some more protein, add 1/2 a cup of greek vanilla yogurt.)
3. Hit the blend button until everything is well combined.
4. Pour and enjoy this refreshing avocado smoothie.
This will make two servings so if you only want one serving, cut the recipe in half. This is a great snack for you or the kids, especially right after school!
For more smoothie recipes, check out my Smoothie Pinterest Board.