My daughter and I love chia pudding, especially for breakfast. But we had yet to convince the hubby and my seven-year old with its deliciousness. Finally I realized that the way to do it was with chocolate of course!
So one afternoon, my daughter and I made an Easy Chocolate Chia Pudding for the boys to try for breakfast. And after a few hesitant first bites, guess what? It was a hit!
Chocolate Chia Pudding
– 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or any milk you prefer)
– 3 tbsp chia seeds
– 1 tbsp hemp hearts (if you don’t have hemp hearts, just add an extra tbsp of chia)
– 2-3 tbsp cacoa powder (depending on how chocolatey you like it)
– 1 tbsp agave (or maple syrup)
optional toppings: sliced bananas, berries, walnuts, almonds, shredded coconut
1. Pour the milk into a mason jar with a tight lid. (If you don’t have a jar, just put it in a bowl.
2. Add the chia, hemp hearts (if using,) cacao powder and agave. Then put the lid on tightly and shake, shake, shake with all your might. Let it rest for a minute and then shake again for good measure. (If using a bowl, use a whisk each time to mix.
3. Put it in the fridge to thicken. Leave it overnight. (If you don’t have the time, let it sit in the fridge for at least 30 – 60 minutes.)
4. In the morning, scoop some chia pudding in a bowl. Add a little more milk and mix. Then top it with some fruit, berries or nuts or just enjoy it on its own.
Not only is this great for breakfast, it also does the trick when you’re craving chocolate.