Get your greens in! That is something that I struggle with. Even more so since I started intermittent fasting. I do eat some greens throughout the day, but just not enough. Sometimes I feel like it’s so much easier and a lot faster to drink your greens. So I came up with a simple Get Your Greens Smoothie, that gives me 3 servings of vegetables in one glass.
Plus with the help of a one teaspoon of BonCare, a raw date seed powder from Greeniche, you can up the nutritional value in the Get Your Greens Smoothie. BonCare is high in fibre, 10% of the daily fibre that adults need. It’s also full of iron, antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties.
It’s so simple because you can add it to your food or drinks to reap the benefits and it doesn’t really change the taste!
Get Your Greens Smoothie Recipe
Get Your Greens Smoothie Ingredients:
– 1 cup organic spinach
– 1/2 cup chopped celery
– 1/2 cup cut cucumbers
– 1 tsp BonCare
– 1/4 tsp minced ginger
– 1/4 cup coconut water
– 1/2 cup of water
– 1 drop of lime essential oil or 2 tsp lime juice
Get Your Greens Smoothie Instructions:
1. In a blender, put in your spinach, celery, cucumbers and BonCare.
2. Then add the water, coconut water and lime.
3. Finally, add in the minced (or grated) ginger.
4. You can add in some ice to make the drink cold. Then blend on high until you have a smooth liquid. Pour and drink right away!
– It has more of a juice consistency, so if you want it a little creamier you can add some banana, avocado or even almond milk.
– It literally just tastes like you’re drinking celery and cucumber. If you want to add some sweetness to it, watermelon is great, strawberries work too. Or you can add a sweeter of your choice.
– One way to simplify this even further is to chop up all your veggies for the week on one day. Then freeze 1/2 cup cucumbers, 1/2 cup celery and 1 cup spinach into a ziplock back or reusable container. Make as many portions as you think you’ll have during the week and put them in the freezer. Then when it’s time to make the Get Your Greens Smoothie, throw your frozen veggies into the blender, add your Boncare, liquids and ginger and hit blend. It’s quick, easy and already cold.
The nutrition information for this is:
Calories: 45 calories
Protein: 1 gram
Carbs: 10 grams
Fat: 0.5 grams
Fibre: 4.4 grams
Sugars: 3.7 grams
It’s a good source of Vitamin C and A.
For myself, I’ll drink this Get Your Greens Smoothie around three times a week, mostly on days when I haven’t been able to eat enough greens.
How do you get most of your greens throughout the day?
**This post was sponsored by Greeniche. All thoughts and opinions are mine, as always