Dinner always needs a side dish and you can’t go wrong with homemade baked french fries. They’re simple to make, tasty and let’s face it, the kids (and adults) love it! And baked french fries are a much healthier option for french fry lovers.
I’ve been making my own homemade baked french fries for years. I use to cut the potatoes with a knife but then I discovered some gadgets that make it so much easier and faster. You just insert the potato and it comes out in slices. Then you just season and bake.
I’ve been using the old version of the Starfrit Chipper but after so many years, it’s time to replace it and I’m thinking one of these would be perfect.
Baked French Fries Recipe
Ingredients for baked french fries:
– Olive Oil
– Salt & Pepper
You can always adjust to accommodate your families tastes or experiment with new spices, like garlic powder, cayenne pepper and even Montreal steak seasoning.
Instructions for baked french fries:
1. Wash and scrub your potatoes.
2. Put them in the chopper of your choice or cut them with a knife.
3. Put them in bowl. Drizzle with olive (or canola) oil and shake/toss/mix until each piece is covered.
4. Sprinkle with your favourite seasoning and mix again.
5. Line a baking tray with foil or parchment, then put the fries on the tray in a single layer.
6. Put them in the over that’s already preheated to 450 degrees. Bake for 40-50 minutes.
7. Let them cool and serve with dinner.
You can also try this recipe with sweet potatoes and yams, just lower the oven temperature and cooking time a little as they bake faster. And these baked french fries are perfect with these homemade chicken strips.
What your favourite side dish to serve with dinner?