Last week we had a really delicious dinner! I was originally planning to make this Spaghetti and Meatballs recipe from Family Food and Travel. Unfortunately I didn’t have all the ingredients. Instead, I ended up improvising with what we did have and created my own recipe for Homemade Chicken Meatballs.
Homemade Chicken Meatballs
– Lean ground chicken, 500g
– 1 tbsp minced garlic
– 1 egg
– 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
– 1 tsp dried basil
– 1/4 cup bread crumbs ( I used gluten-free panko bread crumbs)
1. Put the ground chicken in a mixing bowl. add all the ingredients and mix them together until combined.
2. Take a large tbsp of the mixture in your hands and shape into a ball. Do that with all of the ground chicken mixture placing each ball on greased baking sheet. It’ll make about 16-18 meatballs.
3. Put the meatballs in the oven that is preheated to 400 degrees. Let them bake for 20-24 minutes.
4. While the meatballs are in the oven, cook your favourite spaghetti. We use this gluten-free brand. Add a can of your favourite tomato pasta sauce to the cooked and drained spaghetti. Then when the meatballs are cooked add them to the spaghetti.
5. Add a side of your favourite vegetables and dinner is served.