Before leaving my career as a television producer to be a work-at-home mom, I never drank coffee. Tea was only consumed on a special occasion, like if my mom made her chai for me.
But since becoming a “writer,” I’ve been hanging out and working at more coffee shops. This also means I’ve been drinking more tea and coffee. The one that started it all was the delicious Pumpkin Spice Latte which I was actually able to recreate at home! After that, it was the Green Tea Latte.
Then, my friend Tairalyn, from Little Miss Mama introduced me to the Earl Grey Tea Latte. It was such a perfect drink, soothing and just the right amount of sweetness. Of course I had to try and make it at home to enjoy as well.
So here is my homemade version of an Earl Grey Tea Latte.
– Early Grey tea bag
– 1/2 cup of milk
– 1/4 tsp vanilla
– 2 tsp of sugar (you can add more or less for your taste)
1. Brew a strong cup of earl grey tea
2. Using either a pot on the stove or a large cup in the microwave, combine the milk and vanilla. Then heat it up. Once it’s hot, add the sugar and mix it.
3. Then use your milk frother (if you have one) to froth the milk mixture.
4. Then pour it into your brewed earl grey tea and enjoy. This will make one large cup or two small cups of early grey tea latte.
If you don’t have a frother, you can skip that step. It just makes the milk mixture lighter and frothier. Without it, the flavour is still the same, delicious!
If you are interested in buying a frother, I researched a few here.
What is your favourite tea, coffee or drink to make at home?