The story of the invention of the Homemade Slurpees with Juice:
One afternoon, a couple weeks back, I was picking up Keyan from school on a particularly hot day. As we were walking to the car, Keyan started telling me how some of the kids in his class get to drink slurpees. Now I love me a slurpee on a scorching hot day or to fill a pregnancy craving. However, we don’t give our kids pop (soda) yet.
So the first thing I did was to tell Keyan how all families and parents are different and do different things. He still kept asking about it and with the heat, we could all have used a cool drink. So I decided that we could make our own slurpees at home without using any pop. I made quick stop at the grocery store and then we headed home to make these delicious Homemade Slurpees with Juice.
Homemade Slurpees with Juice Recipe:
Ingredients for Homemade Slurpees:
– 1/2 can of frozen concentrate juice (we’ve tried grape, orange and pink lemonade so far)
– 4 cups of ice
– cold water
Instructions for Homemade Slurpees:
1. Pour half the can of frozen juice concentrate into the blender (you can put the other half in a container and re-freeze for your next batch.
2. Add in the ice then pour in enough cold water to barely cover the ice.
3. If you want to add in a sweetener, you can. We did add sugar the first time but found it too sweet, so we didn’t add it the next time. It’s really personal preference.
3. Blend until everything is combined and slushy-like. If you have the option of ice crush on your blender, use that for the last 20 seconds.
4. Pour and enjoy!
The kids loved it so much that they wanted the Homemade Slurpees again the next day!
Parents, you can totally add your favourite vodka or rum & make it into an adult slurpee 😉
For more drink ideas, you can check my Pinterest Board for Drinks.