I was never a big coffee drinker, but one day that all changed! It was the day that I was introduced to the Pumpkin Spice Latte. Seriously, I was in love! Yes, I did read about how there is actually no real pumpkin in the Starbucks pumpkin spice latte but it is so delicious that I couldn’t help but treat myself.
One day when I was at home, craving yet another Pumpkin Spice Latte. With a coffee shop no where in sight, I decided I would try making one myself, this time with real pumpkin in it.
O.M.G, it turned out seriously delicious! So good, that I want to have it everyday and I want to make it for everyone that comes to my house.
Now that it’s fall and the world is once again excited about all things pumpkin, I thought it would be the perfect time to share this recipe with all of you. You can thank me later, in the comments 😉
(P.S. At the bottom of this recipe , you’ll find two more to-die for Fall drink recipes from two of my favourite mom bloggers!)
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
Ingredients for Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
(makes two cups)
– 2 tbsp pumpin puree
– 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (you can also make your own)
– sprinkle of fresh ground pepper
– 1 tbsp of sugar (If you like it sweeter, feel free to use 2-3 tablespoons)
– 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
– 2 cups of milk (I used 1% but you can use any kind you want, even almond or soy)
– 1/2 cup of water
– 1 tbsp of instant coffee
– whipping cream (optional)
Instructions for Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
1. Bring just over half a cup of water to boil in a pot. Add 1 tbsp off instant coffee into the boiling water. Mix well. Then split the coffee into two cups, and set aside. (You can also use 1/4 cup of espresso)
2. Put the pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice and ground pepper into a pot. Put it on low heat and stir it for a couple of minutes.
3. Add in the sugar and stir for another couple of minutes. The texture should change slightly and soften.
4. Stir in the milk and vanilla extract. Whisk over the heat until everything is well combined. Let the milk bubble and then take it off the stove. (Don’t let it boil.)
(This next step is optional: Froth the milk pumpkin mixture. This will work with any kind of frother. Here are some of my favourites.)
5. Spit the milk between the two cups of coffee. Stir.
7. Add the whipping cream and sprinkle pumpkin spice on top.
Yes it’s a labour of love but the end result is delicious and totally worth it.
Now if you are a fellow pumpkin lover, you are not going to want to stop reading after this Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe. Why you might ask? Because I’ve teamed up with two of my favourite mom bloggers to bring you two more delicious Fall drink recipes.