Some days, trying to figure out what to make for dinner can seem like a herculean task! On days that are like that, I like to fall back on tried and true simple recipes. Recipes that everybody likes and that are simple and quick to make. One of my go-to recipes is this Easy Lemon Garlic Chicken. It only requires a few basic ingredients that you probably already have in the kitchen and it tastes delicious!
It’a family-friendly recipes that even the kids will gobble up. Plus it’s perfect for lunch leftovers the next day.
Easy Lemon Garlic Chicken Recipe
Ingredients for Lemon Garlic Chicken:
– 4 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice
– Zest of 1 lemon
– 4-6 cloves of garlic (depending on how garlicky you like things)
– 3 Tbsp of olive oil
– 1 Tbsp of water
– 1/4-1/2 tsp of salt
– 3 tsp dried oregano
– 4 chicken breasts (It works with boneless and bone-in chicken breasts)
Instructions for Lemon Garlic Chicken:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Put all the ingredients (except for the chicken) into the blender. Puree until completely blended.
3. Pour the marinade over the chicken and mix it in until all the chicken is covered. (This marinade actually works great with prawns and shrimp too.)
4. Place the chicken (bone side down if you’re using bone-in chicken) on a lined baking sheet and let it cook for about 25-30 minutes. I flipped the chicken pieces over after about 20 minutes.
(The lemon garlic chicken also tastes amazing if you cook in on the BBQ, bone side down.)
Once it’s cooked, remove the chicken from the oven. And that’s essentially it. In a few steps you have a delicious and very simple recipe ready for dinner! I like serving the lemon garlic chicken with Greek Quinoa Salad or Curried Quinoa. And it’s perfect leftovers for the next day’s lunch.