It’s baking season. I smell it everywhere I go, along with lights, music and decorations. And of course baking is a staple for the holiday season. Whether you’re doing a cookie exchange, going to a party, baking something for your child’s class or making a homemade present for your neighbours, baking is the go-to option. It’s personal, it’s homemade and let’s face it, it’s delicious!
Things are no different in our house. Any excuse to make baked goods is a good excuse.
Everyone loves shortbread cookies, but when you add chocolate into the mix, literally, it takes those cookies to a whole other level, a Lindt Shortbread Cookies level. And You’ll be surprised at how simple this recipe is!
Lindt Shortbread Cookies Recipe
Ingredients for Lindt Shortbread Cookies:
– 1 cup butter, softened
– 1/4 cup granulated sugar
– 1/3 cup brown sugar
– 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
– 2 tbsp corn starch
– 1 Lindt Classic Milk Chocolate bar chopped up
– 1 Lindt 70% Dark Chocolate bar, cut into squares
Instructions for Lindt Shortbread Cookies:
1. Preheat oven to 375F
2. In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to cream the butter and sugar until it’s light and fluffy
3. Add flour and cornstarch and beat until it’s all combined
4. Add the chopped Lindt into the mixture and fold it in with a spatula
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Take one spoon of the batter into your hands and roll it into a ball. Place it on the sheet. Flatten the ball slightly with the palm of your hand. Make sure to leave enough room in between each cookie as they will spread while they are cooking. (You will get between 16-18 cookies)
6. Once all the batter has been shaped into cookies, take the Lindt dark chocolate squares. Place one square on top of each cookie and push it in slightly with your finger.
7. Put it in the oven and bake for 13 minutes. Cool for 5-10 minutes.
Then enjoy! These Lindt Shortbread Cookies are seriously amazing and I promise that you will have a hard time eating only one!
Now enjoy your holiday baking. and make sure to try these delicious Lindt Shortbread Cookies. I promise you will be happy that you did!