I’ve always loved Iced Tea. I drank it all the time growing up. It was especially good on a warm day and always perfect with a burger and fries. But I never strayed away from the traditional iced tea.
That is, until I got a nudge from Nestlé. They sent me over samples of their Lemon and Original Good Host Iced Tea powder and challenged me to stir things up and come up with a refreshing summer drink. And I think I found the perfect one, Matcha Iced Tea.
If you’ve tried matcha before, it’s probably been in the form of a tea or a latte. But let’s face it, even though it’s energizing, a hot drink is not going to cut it on a hot day. But the combination of matcha and iced tea is the perfect, refreshing summer drink!
Matcha Iced Tea
– 1 tbsp Good Host Iced Tea powder
– 1 tsp matcha powder
– 1 drop lime essential oil (or 1 tsp fresh lime juice)
– 2 cups cold water
– ¼ cup crushed ice
– 1 tbsp sugar (optional)
1. Add Good Host Iced Tea powder (lemon or original) and matcha powder into a small bowl and whisk it together
2. Add 1 tbsp of warm water to the bowl and whisk it until the powder is completely combined.
3. Add that to a mason jar (or martini shaker)
4. Pour in two cups of cold water, the lime and the ice (if you are using sugar, you can add it here as well)
5. Close the lid of the mason jar tightly and then shake, shake, shake for at least 60 seconds
6. Then you are ready to pour and serve. You can garnish with lime slices and then enjoy this cool and energizing summer drink.
This refreshing Matcha Iced Tea is not only a perfect drink to serve to your friends and family, it’s an awesome combination! The matcha is full of antioxidants and gives you an energy boost. The Iced Tea powder has 25% less sugar, has no artificial flavours and is made with real tea leaves!
Your guests will probably be asking you for the recipes before they leave 😉
Visit www.stirthingsup.nestle.ca for more recipe ideas.
This post was sponsored by Nestlé. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.