We all love our kids. Let’s face it though, sometimes you just need 20 minutes to your self, whether it’s to quietly drink a cup of tea, prepare dinner, get a break or even just to go to the bathroom in peace.
To help you out, here are 5 Ways to Keep Your Kids Busy Without TV:
1. Indoor Scavenger Hunt – Try this really easy indoor scavenger hunt idea with your kids. All you need is a piece of paper and a pen, plus a little imagination. Then send your kids off to hunt and get a few minutes of quiet time for yourself.
2. Bubble Bath – Get your kids set up in a bubble bath with some fun toys. That will buy you a bit of time for whatever you need, just make sure you stay close. It’s the perfect time to have some peace if you need to use the bathroom.
3. Mini Car Wash – If you’ve got a lot of little cars in the toy box try this activity with your kids. Make an assembly line with all the cars, a bowl of soapy water, a toothbrush or sponge, a bowl of water and a towel. Then set your kids to work with cleaning all their cars, they will love it! And depending on your kids, you can probably buy 10-30 minutes to enjoy a cup of tea while looking through that magazine you’ve been eyeing. (The inspiration for this idea came from a fellow moms blogger, Sand in my Toes)
4. Dusting – It may seem like work to you, but put a duster in your child’s hand and for them it’s a game! Get them to dust every surface in the house and by the time they are done, you’ll have dinner prepped and ready to go.
5. Art Project – And finally, give them a simple and safe art project to do like this one for Contact Paper Art or Tape Painting They will get to stretch their creative muscles, you can get a little peace and quite and you’ll end up with some art work that you can display.
If you’re ever desperate for just a little time for yourself, try one of these ideas because even a few minutes to yourself can really help!
What do you do when you need to buy some time?