Healthy snacks are an essential part of motherhood. Snacks to sustain ourselves through our tumultuous, toddler filled days. But most importantly, snacks for the little ones who seem hungry the second we leave the house, regardless of what a great breakfast they just had. One of our favourite snacks are these No Bake Granola Balls.
This recipe is simple, healthy, requires no baking. is portable and best of all, the kids will love helping out.
Easy No Bake Granola Balls
Ingredients for No Bake Granola Balls
– 1 cup of smooth peanut butter (creamy almond butter will work too)
– 1/3 cup of milk (any kind you use)
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 cup granola
– 1.5 cups of oats
– 1/2 cup chocolate chips
– 1/4 shredded coconut
Instructions for No Bake Granola Balls:
1. Combine the peanut butter, milk and vanilla in a bowl.
2. Mix it with a spatula until it’s completely smooth and creamy. This is a great place to get the kids to help out. They can help pour the ingredients in the bowl as well as combining the ingredients.
3. Add in the granola, oats, chocolate chips and shredded coconut.
4. Mix all the ingredients with a spatula until they are well combined.
5. Next you want to take a few spoonfuls of the batter in your hands and make it into a ball. The size doesn’t matter. My kids loved helping with this part. (And in case you were wondering, we made these soon after the Olympics and that IS a medal that Kyah is wearing.)
6. Place the no bake granola balls on a flat sheet and then put them in the fridge for at least 3o-40 minutes.
7. Once you take them out of the fridge, they are ready to eat! I should warn you that you won’t be able to eat just one 🙂 This recipe should make about 30-40 pieces. They are also great for freezing to save for a future snack emergency. Enjoy!
And for more snack ideas, check out this Pinterest Board.