We decided to do some baking for my husbands colleagues and at first we were going to make Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies but then my husband started talking about these fudge bars from Starbucks that he’s heard so much about but has never tried. So we did a search and found a similar recipe. It was my first time making the Oat Fudge Bars but they were simple and turned out really delicious!
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter (softened)
3 cups oats (I used quick oats)
2 cups of flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup sweetened condensed milk
2 cups chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter (original recipe calls for 1/2 cup but I thought it was too much)
1 tsp Vanilla
1. Use a mixer to cream the sugars, 1 cup butter and eggs
2. In a separate bowl, use a spatula to combine the oats, flour and baking soda
3. Gradually add it to the sugar mixture, mixing it all together with a spatula
4. Take 3/4 of the mixture and put it into a 9×13 long baking dish and push it down well
6. Pour the melted mixture over the top of the dough in the pan
7. Take the 1/4 remaining dough and either spread it over the top of the chocolate or break them into small, flattened circles and place them all over the chocolate.
Enjoy them with friends and a big glass of cold milk.