We are big snackers in our house, especially the kids! So I like to have healthy, simple and protein packed snacks ready for whenever I hear one of the kids say, “Mom, I’m hungry.”
One of our-go-to’s is peanut butter because it’s high in protein and versatile. Yes we love to spread it on a piece of bread, but it can be used so many other ways. With one jar, there is endless recipe inspiration. Last week I shared my Peanut Butter and Chocolate Breakfast Muffins recipe. Today I have a super easy, no-bake Peanut Butter Energy Balls recipe. I do have to warn you that they are delicious. Even my 6-year old kept asking if he could have one more and by the time he stopped, five of them had disappeared!
Peanut Butter Energy Balls
– 3/4 cup Kraft Peanut Butter with Honey
– 1/4 cup milk (both dairy and non-dairy work)
– 1 cup of oats (I used steel cut oats but quick oats work too)
– 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
– 2 tbsp chia seeds
– 4 tbsp shredded coconut
– 3 tbsp chocolate chips (instead of chocolate chips, you can use cranberries or raisins)
1. Combine Kraft Peanut Butter with Honey and milk in a medium sized bowl. Use a wooden spatula to mix it until it becomes creamy. It might take about 2-3 minutes to get it into a smooth consistency.
2. Add the oats, flaxseed, chia seeds and shredded coconut into the same bowl. Mix until everything is well combined.
3. Fold in the chocolate chips.
4. Then take one or two tablespoons of the mixture in your hands and role it into a small ball. Put it on a plate. Continue to do that with the rest of the mixture. You should get between 15-20 energy balls. Once you are done, place the plate in the refrigerator for 45mins to 1 hour.
5. Take it out of the fridge and enjoy. Put the rest in a container with a lid and store in the fridge.
These are perfect when you need a little snack or some energy throughout the day. They are a perfect snack to grab and go and they also freeze well, so you could make a double batch and save half for another time.
“Although this post has been generously sponsored by by Kraft Heinz Canada ULC, the opinions and language are my own.”