At the end of 2013, I was honoured to be nominated for two Sunshine Blogging Awards as well as a Sisterhood of the World Blogging award. It felt wonderful to be recognized by fellow bloggers who felt that my little space on the internet was making a difference and bringing some positivity in the world and inspiring others.
To accept the Sunshine Award, I have to:
1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger with a link to the website.
2. Share 11 random facts about myself
3. Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for me.
4. List 11 bloggers I believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love! (I can’t nominate the blogger who nominated me.)
5. Let the 11 bloggers know I nominated them.
6. Post 11 questions for the bloggers I nominate to answer.
Here are 11 Random Facts about myself:
1. I don’t drink coffee, but I do love the Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks.
2. I have a really high glasses prescription (I may be legally blind!)
3. Jordan Knight was my favourite New Kid on The Block.
4. I love Bollywood movies and can understand 90% of what they say without subtitles.
5. I’m a cougar – I’m four years older than my husband.
6. In elementary school, I was the nerd, the geek that people made fun of.
7. I love turning the music on really loud and having dance parties with my kids.
8. I’ve never had a pet (except for a fish once.)
9. I had my second child without an epidural (they said there wasn’t enough time.)
10. I think I may suffer from Impostor Syndrome.
11. I love me a cup of homemade chai (made by someone else.)
Now 11 the Questions for Me to Answer:
1. What’s your favorite morning beverage? Right now I’m drinking a glass of room temperature water with lemon every morning.
2. Which do you prefer: Laptop or Desktop? I’m a Laptop girl
3. Favorite color? Blue
4. What’s the last book you read? WordPress for Dummies, still getting though it.
5. What do you like most about blogging? I love writing.
6. What’s your favorite social media site? Facebook. I feel like it’s the best way to really connect.
7. What is the one thing you do if you have a 1/2 a day to yourself? I would sleep in and get a pedicure.
8. How long have you been seeing your current hairdresser? I haven’t had a haircut in at least 6 months!
9. If money was not a problem, where in the world would you love to see? I want to do a trip and see all the old seven wonders of the world.
10. How many pairs of shoes do you own? Before kids I had countless shoes. Now I think I’m down to 10, maybe 12.
11. What is your favorite dessert? I love all desserts: cheesecake, brownies, apple crumble with ice cream, the list goes on.
My Nominees for the Sunshine Award:
1. Raj at Pink Chai Style
2. Shawna at Dovetail Blog
3. Julie at 3 Chickens and a Boat
4. Carolyn Leanne at Moments in Mommyland
5. Candace at Candida Free Candee
6. Renata at Keeping The Me in Mommy
7. Agi at Vodka Infused Lemonade
8. Heather at Mother Your Business
9. Rebecca at RebeccaColeman.ca
10. Christine at Whine and Cheese
11. Crystal at Sew Creative Blog
These are all amazing bloggers who have impacted me and my blogging in a positive way and made me realize what a wonderful place the blogosphere is. They are inspiring, smart, creative and passionate about what they do. You definitely want to check out their blogs!
Questions for my Nominees:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What’s your one guilty pleasure?
3. What’s your favourite movie?
4. Did you like being pregnant?
5. What social media platform do you like the best?
6. What’s your favourite drink?
7. Where is your favourite place to vacation?
8. What is the first thing you would do if you won a million dollars?
9. What’s your favourite thing about yourself?
10. What TV series is a must watch for you right now?
11. How many siblings do you have?
Thanks again Bonnie, Cherie and Yvonne! I’m happy to continue spreading the Sunshine and Sisterhood and can’t wait to find out more about the 11 bloggers I nominated 🙂