We make lots of smoothies in our house. We love them for breakfast, as a snack, and really, any time!This summer has been no exception. Recently we decided to try out a new smoothie recipe with one of my kids’ favourite summer melons, the cantaloupe. Both kids can’t get enough of this delicious fruit, so, the Cantaloupe Smoothie was born!
Cantaloupe Smoothie Recipe
Summer Cantaloupe Smoothie Ingredients
– 1 cup of cut up cantaloupe
– 1 cup milk (any kind works, I used soy)
– 1/2 cup fresh kale pieces (stems removed)
– 1/2 large banana (I like to use a frozen one to make the smoothie cold)
– 1 tbsp ground flax seed (optional)
– 100g vanilla yogurt
Instructions for Cantaloupe Smoothie
1. Put all the ingredients in your blender in the order as written above.
2. Blend until smooth.
3. Pour and enjoy! This recipe will make two small smoothies or one large one.
If you’re not a fan of kale, you can always swap it for spinach, or skip the greens all together. The flax seed is also optional and an added healthy ingredient. The thing with cantaloupe is, it’s so sweet and it’s the overwhelming flavour of the smooth so any “other” ingredients you add in, don’t affect the taste.
If you need more protein for yourself just add a scoop of vanilla protein powder and you’re good to go! This Summer Cantaloupe Smoothie was sweet, healthy and totally smooth!
If you drink it as one large smoothie, the nutrition information is 358 calories, 9.7 grams of fat, 62 carbohydrates, 7 grams of fibre and 14.8 grams of protein. It’s a great smoothie to start off the morning with!
What’s your favourite smoothie to make in the summer?
For more smoothie recipes, check out this Smoothie Pinterest Board.