We love muffins in our house. But sometimes, I get a look from the hubby when we’ve made our delicious banana chocolate chip muffins and he can’t eat them because we used flour.
We do have one really great flourless peanut butter chocolate chip muffin recipe that we make but the hubby LOVES chocolate. So recently we experiment with flourless, double chocolate chip muffins so he could enjoy them too. And all I can say is oh my goodness, they were so good!! I’ve probably made them five times in less than two weeks because they are so good and keep disappearing.
I figure that if they are that good, than I have to share the muffin recipe with all or you. Did I mention that not only are they flourless, they are also sugarless. I know it sounds too good to be true, but you just have to try them once and you’ll know what I’m talking about when I say The BEST Double Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins.
(The original recipe comes from Averie Cooks. I have adjusted it a little to suit our family’s preferences.)
– 1 banana (not overripe)
– 1/2 cup peanut butter
– 1 large egg
-1/2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
– 1/4 tsp baking soda
– 3-4 tbsp honey (I sort of just pour it in)
– 1/3 cup cocoa powder
– sprinkle of salt
– 3 tbsp almond milk (or any milk you have on hand)
– chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
2. Put all the ingredients in the blender, except for the chocolate chips
3. Blend everything until you have a smooth batter
4. Use a spoon (or just pour right out of the blender) and pour the batter into a greased mini-muffin tray. Make sure to just fill them 3/4’s of the way.
5. Then you can add the chocolate chips into each mini muffin cup on top of the batter. You can use two, three or four chips in each one. This is a great place to get your kids to help out with the recipe. You will probably make between 12-17 muffins.
6. Put the tray(s) into the preheated over for about 9-10 minutes.
7. Once they are done, let them cool for a few minutes and enjoy.
I do have to warn you that they will probably disappear really fast and a second batch may be needed. Good thing they are so easy to make right?