We love mini muffins in our house. They make a great snack, they freeze well and they are the perfect size for the kids. We’d tried lots of different recipes, and until now, our favourites were these Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins.
But for the last couple of weeks, all of us can’t get enough of these Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins. When I make one batch, they disappear within the day and the kids keep asking me to make more. Did I also mention that they are sugarless and you can make them in a blender? For real! I will warn you that once you make them, they will become a regular in your kitchen.
1 ripe banana
1/2 cup of peanut butter (also works with almond and sunbutter)
3-4 tbsp of honey
1/2 tbsp of pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp of baking soda
Sprinkle of salt
1/4 cup of chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
2. Add all the ingredients, except the chocolate chips, into a blender and puree until everything is smooth.
3. Then add in the chocolate chips and mix with a spatula
4. Grease a mini muffin tray with olive oil
5. Pour batter into each muffin cup but only fill it 1/2 to 3/4 of the way full
6. Let them bake for 9 minutes, then let them cool completely before taking them out of the tins and eating them
This recipe will make 15-18 mini muffins. Some things to take note off:
– they will puff in the oven but may completely flatten when you take them out of the oven, but that’s okay because they still taste amazing!
– if you use almond butter or sunbutter, you might need to add a little more honey to add flavour.
– these mini muffins also freeze well for a future snack emergency
To see the original recipe, visit Averie Cooks. I’ve adjusted this recipe a bit or our tastes.