I’m a big snacker, especially at night when I’m working or watching TV. Sometimes I’m actually hungry but other times I think it’s just out of habit. One of my go-to snacks which is healthy and easy is Stovetop Popcorn.
Once you try this, I promise you that you won’t be able to go back to microwave popcorn. I actually can’t remember the last time I ate microwave popcorn, because once I mastered the stovetop popcorn without burning it (and I burned my fair share) it was just as easy as popping a package into the microwave and three times tastier.
1-2 Tbsp Olive oil or canola oil
1/4 cup popcorn kernels
1. Put a medium=sized pot on the stove and turn the heat on to medium (I use medium-low because my elements are really hot!)
2. Add in the oil and then the popcorn kernels. Cover the pot with a lid.
3. Then just wait. When the kernels start popping, be on standby because once there is a three seconds of lag between the pops, turn off the heat. Then after 30 seconds, take the pot off the element.
4. Pour the popcorn into a bowl and liberally sprinkle with salt while the popcorn is still hot. I usually have it just like that and it’s delicious!
5. If you like butter, then this is the time to melt some butter, pour it on top and shake. Now you’re ready to snack!
Kyah definitely enjoyed being my taste-tester!
What’s your favourite late night snack?