On Sunday’s I usually share my weekly meal plan with you. I do this because I find it useful to know what I will be preparing ahead of time and it makes grocery shopping a lot easier. I also like that it gives all of you more ideas and inspiration for your dinners. This week, however, I am out of town so I am not going to be able to meal plan.Instead I thought I would share with you, my favorite, easiest dinner recipes that only require five ingredients. That means, that you don’t need lots of groceries, they are quick and simple to make and best of all, they are kid-approved.
So here you go, 5 Dinner Ideas with 5 Ingredients or Less
1. Homemade Chicken Strips – There aren’t too many kids that don’t like chicken strips. This homemade chicken strips recipe is super easy and healthy. Once they are coated, bake them for 20 minutes and serve with your favourite dipping sauces. They are also perfect for school lunches.
2. Seasoned Tilapia – We try and eat seafood at least once a week. This recipe for tilapia is sooo easy! You only need three ingredients, for real. It’s also super tasty. My kids always ask for seconds. The first time I made it, I got compliments from everyone!
3. One Pot Mac N’ Cheese – I recently discovered this recipe via Pinterest when I was looking for gluten-free recipes for the hubby. Now it’s in regular rotation in our dinner meal plans. Sometimes, I even make it for lunch when I am short on groceries or ideas. If you can believe it, you make it all in one pot! That means you don’t even have to strain the pasta. Just use a good cheddar to ensure the creamy texture.
4. Lemon Garlic Chicken – This chicken recipe has been a favourite for the whole family for years! We not only use it on chicken, we also make it with shrimps. It’s so easy that you blend all the ingredients to make the marinade, pour it all over the chicken and bake. It’s ready in 20 minutes to serve with your favourite side dish.
5. Salt & Pepper Shrimp – This super simple recipe is now our favourite shrimp dish. Serve it with rice and vegetables to complete the meal.
I’m sure if you try these out, you will love them! Hopefully they will help you out when you just don’t know what to make for dinner.