Ahhh, Autumn is here and pumpkin is in the air.
I discovered late in life that I love pumpkin! Pumpkin spiced latte’s, pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin pancakes, the list really does go on. So I decided to take one of your family’s favourite snacks, no-bake granola balls and infuse some pumpkin flavour into them.
The experiment turned out pretty well and Pumpkin Granola Balls were born.
1 cup of pumpkin seed butter – I used Omega Nutrition Pumpkin Seed Butter but if you’re so inclined, you can even make your own.
1/3 cup of milk – either almond or dairy work well.
1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
1 cup of pumpkin granola – I used Nature’s Path Pumpkin Flax Granola.
1.5 cups of gluten-free oats
1/4 cup of shredded coconut
1/2 cup of chocolate chips
1. Mix the pumpkin seed butter, milk and vanilla in a large bowl. Keep mixing until it all becomes smooth and creamy.
2. Add in the rest of the ingredients; pumpkin granola, gluten-free oats, shredded coconut and chocolate chips.
3. Mix until everything comes together and is well combined.
4. Take a couple spoonfuls in your hand and make it into a ball. Do that for the entire batter.
5. Place all the balls in a plate or cookie sheet and put them in the refrigerator for 30-40 minutes
6. Take them out of the fridge and they are ready to eat!
These are great snacks to take on the go and they work well for your child’s lunch box because they are nut-free. You will end up with between 30-40 Pumpkin Granola Balls and if that’s too many, just pop them in the freezer for a quick, healthy and delicious snack down the road.