Many mornings, I’m busy getting the kids ready for school, giving them breakfast and making sure lunches are ready. Often I don’t get time to eat a proper breakfast until much later. Sometimes even the kids will just eat cereal. So on the evenings that I have time, I like to make some breakfasts ahead of time. Lately, one of our favourites is the Chia Banana Breakfast Pudding that actually tastes like dessert. It’s simple, tastes delicious and bonus, the kids will probably like it, mine do!
Chia Banana Breakfast Pudding Recipe
Ingredients for Chia Banana Breakfast Pudding
– 1 cup vanilla almond milk
– 1-2 tsp maple syrup (depending on how sweet you like it)
– 1/4 tsp cinnamon
– 1/4 tsp pure vanilla essence
– 3 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 a banana, sliced (for the morning)
Instructions for Chia Banana Breakfast Pudding
1. In a bowl, combine the vanilla almond milk, maple syrup, cinnamon & vanilla with a whisk. Mix it well.
2. Add the chia seeds and whisk for about 30-45 seconds.
3. Let the mixture sit for a minute then whisk for another 30-45 seconds.
4. If you’re making this the night before, cover and refrigerate until breakfast. If you’re making it in the morning, let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
**Update – You can also put all the ingredients in a mason jar (with a good lid) and just shake to bypass the whisking. It stores well in a mason jar as well.
5. When you are ready to eat, take it out of the fridge, mix with a spoon. Then slice bananas on top and enjoy.
This simple chia banana breakfast pudding is healthy and delicious. It’s even perfect for those who eat a gluten and dairy-free diet. And once you try it, you’re going to love it, especially because it tastes like you’re eating dessert for breakfast!
If you’re a chocolate lover, then you’ll also want to try this Chocolate Chia Pudding. It’s my son’s favourite and great when you’re craving chocolate for dessert.