If you’ve ever looked through my recipes, you’ll notice a lot of baking with chocolate chips. My son and husband love chocolate chips, so they always manage to sneak in. But lately I have been craving baking with no chocolate (gasp!) and then a delicious muffin post on Instagram by my friend Norah inspired me to try these delicious Coconut Mango Muffins. I mean our whole family loves mangos so this had to be a hit!
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 1 cup shredded coconut
– 3/4 cup brown sugar
– 2 eggs
– 3/4 cup oil (I used 1/2 cup olive oil & 1/4 flax seed oil)
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 1 cup plain greek yogurt
– 1.5 cup of cubed mango (fresh or frozen)
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Add the flour, baking powder, coconut and brown sugar in a bowl and then use a whisk or spatula to mix it all together.
2. In another bowl, add the eggs, oil, vanilla and yogurt and mix it until everything is well combined.
3. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and combine but don’t over mix.
3. Then add your cubed mango and just fold it into the mixture.
4. Put liners in your 12 muffin tins and fill each cup until just below the rim (so they don’t overflow.) Sprinkle a little brown sugar on top of each muffin and put them in the pre-heated oven for 15-18 minutes. You can check by putting in a toothpick and seeing if it comes out clean.
5. Let them cool on a wire rack and then enjoy with a cup of chai or a cold glass of milk!