Pancakes are huge in our house. The kids absolutely love them; chocolate chip, banana, pumpkin; they love all pancakes. But let’s be honest, on a weekday, when the kid’s have to get to school, there isn’t a lot of time to be making and flipping pancakes. If you do that, the chance of making it to school on time gets drastically less. That is, until we started making Sheet Pancakes!
What are sheet pancakes you might ask? Well, they are made with regular pancake batter that you bake in an oven instead of individually flipping in a pan. They are so delicious and a serious time saver! So of course you want the recipe right?
Easy Sheet Pancakes Recipe
Ingredients for Sheet Pancakes Batter:
– You can use your own favourite pancake batter recipe. (You could probably use boxed pancake batter and it would work, but I haven’t actually tried it.)
– Or you can use my super easy, super delicious homemade pancakes recipe. It’s all made in one bowl, for simple clean up.
Instructions for Sheet Pancakes:
1. Preheat the over to 425 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then pour the batter onto the sheet. Use a spatula to spread the batter across the sheet. (You can sprinkle a few more chocolate chips on top if you like. )
3. Put the baking sheet into the preheated over. Bake it for 15 mins.
4. When the time is up, change the oven to broil. Broil for two minutes to give it a nice golden colour on top. (Make sure you watch it and not let it broil for longer otherwise the pancakes will burn, I’m talking from experience!)
5. Take the sheet pancakes out of the oven. I like to use a pizza cutter to cut the pancakes into squares. Then enjoy with your favourite fruit or yogurt for breakfast.
Sometimes I like to make a double batch for the kid’s lunches during the week or for quick grab and go breakfasts.
These sheet pancakes taste just as good as pancakes, with a fluffier texture. They are also a big time saver when you don’t have time to individually cook pancakes on the pan.