Ever since I tried Matcha, I’ve been kind of hooked! It’s not only delicious, there are also many health benefits.
I don’t drink Matcha as just brewed green tea, I always like to put a little extra yumminess in. Last summer, I was hooked on this Iced Green Tea Frappe Recipe. This year, it’s the Matcha Latte. It is perfect anytime of the day when you need a little something warm to drink or a bit of an entry boost!
Did I mention that it’s really easy to make? All you need is a milk frother (or whisk) and a few simple ingredients.
1 cup of milk (works with almond, soy and dairy milk)
1-2 tsp of Matcha green tea powder
your choice of sweetener (I’ve tried organic sugar and agave with success)
whipping cream (optional)
Instructions for small whisk:
1. Put your matcha powder in a small pot on the stove. Add a tbsp of warm water.
2. Whisk the matcha and warm water until it’s combined
3. Add milk into the pot. Turn the heat on to get the latte to the temperature that you like
4. Whisk continually to dissolve matcha in the milk and to get froth.
5. Add sweetener of your choice and whisk to mix it in.
6. Pour into a cup and then add whipped cream if you like
Instructions for automatic milk frother:
1. Put the milk, matcha powder and sugar in your frother
2. Select the heat/froth button and let it do its thing
3. Pour it into your cup
4. If you want, put on the whipping cream and sprinkle a little powder on top to make it look pretty.
5. Then enjoy!
Instructions for hand frother (or whisk):
1. Heat your milk separately, on the stove or in the microwave
2. Put the milk in a deep cup (to avoid splatter)
3. Add the Matcha powder and sugar. Turn on the frother and mix until everything is well combined and you have some froth on top.
4. Pour into a cup and add the whipping cream if you like.
5. Then enjoy.
It truly is that simple and it tastes just as delicious as your favourite coffee shop. A bonus is that you know exactly what is going into your drink.
p.s. If you’re not sure about frothers, I tested out a few so hopefully that might help you pick one out.