If you’re looking to try a little something different for breakfast, these Mini Banana Pancake Bites might be just the thing. They are a simple twist on the usual pancake and they are seriously delicious!
I can’t remember exactly how this recipe came to be, as it was quite a few years ago, but I think it was a long the lines of me making pancakes for breakfast when my little guy wanted some banana slices. So I was cutting it up and somehow a few fell into the batter. Instead of wasting it, I cooked it and Mini Banana Pancake Bites were born.
Bananas peeled and sliced thick and on an angle
Maple syrup (optional)
1. Make your favourite pancake batter. This is my usual go-to recipe which I cut in half. These also work well with a gluten-free pancake batter.
2. Peel a few bananas. Then slice them at an angle about one inch thick. (You don’t want them too thick or too thin.)
3. Heat a pan on medium with some olive oil. Dip some bananas into the batter until they are covered. Then put them on the pan to cook.
4. Let them cook until one side is brown, about 30 seconds to one minute. Then flip each one over and do the same on the other side.
5. Continue until all pieces are cooked.
6. Serve with some maple syrup and enjoy!
Warning, these are really good. You and your family may eat a lot.