Our obsession with slushies, or slurpees, as we call them here in Canada, started on a hot day in June when my oldest was in kindergarten. I was invented because my kiddos didn’t drink pop or soda. (Read the story here.)
We still love slushies, and my favourite new combo is this Strawberry Lemon Iced Tea Slushie that we made. Perfect even for grown ups, especially on a hot day.
The kids love their homemade juice slurpees which only require three ingredients. This strawberry lemon iced tea slushie has some more flavour and are equally as yummy
Strawberry Lemon Iced Tea Slushie
Ingredients for Strawberry Lemon Iced Tea Slushie
– 1 tbsp Lemon Iced Tea powder (here are a few different brands)
– 1 cup of cold water
– ¼ cup frozen strawberries
– ½ cup ice
– 1 tsp sugar or agave (optional)
Instructions for Iced Tea Slushie
1. Put all the ingredients in a blender.
2. Blend until you have a frothy drink. To make it even more slushie, add additional ice.
And that’s it! It’s super easy and makes two servings.
If you really love iced tea, you can up the powder in the recipe to two tbsp to give it an even stronger iced tea flavour.