What is 30 for 30?
The idea behind the 30 for 30 challenge is simple. All you do is pick 30 items of clothing from your closet and wear them for 30 days, hopefully resulting in 30 awesome outfits.
Reasons YOU should do 30 for 30 with us:
1. To help you work with what you already have in your closet. Everything in your closet is there because you bought it, so it’s time to dust it off and find a way to make it work.
2. To help you become a better shopper and hopefully save some money too. For one, there is no shopping during the challenge (unless there’s an amazing sale that you would be crazy to pass up!). Second, once you start using what you have, learning what style you like will help you find the ‘gaps’ in your closet. You can then start buying clothing knowing what you will wear them with, instead of just buying things because they looked good in the store or because they were such a good deal (guilty.)
3.Mornings will become a breeze. If you like every outfit you put together in this challenge, then you will have 30 ‘go-to’ outfits and you won’t have to spend your time trying to figure out what you’re going to wear.
4. You will learn your staple pieces. These are the pieces that you feel like ‘you’ in. They are practical for your every day life and versatile enough to wear often. These are also good pieces to ‘invest’ in when it comes time for shopping. Don’t think they make you boring though, that is where accessories come in!
5. You will learn to accessorize! You can change the whole shape and feel of an outfit with a scarf, a belt, a great necklace or pair of earrings. This challenge will help you to rely on accessories to add some personality (colour, sparkle, trendiness) to your wardrobe.
6. It makes you get dressed, and I don’t mean changing out of the PJs into yoga pants or staying in your workout gear all day, even when your step class was in the morning (ahem.) I mean, ready to run out for errands and have friends by over for coffee. And I really believe in the saying ‘If you look good, you feel good.
7. Best of all, never again will you have to say, “I have nothing to wear.” How great will that be?
I’m excited to be teaming up with some fellow bloggers …..
Shawna from Dovetail Blog
Raj from Pink Chai Style
Brooke Berry from Brooklyn Berry Designs
Brianna from Fashion Daylee
Farzana from Fuzzy Beauty Blog
So this February 1st please join us for our 30 for 30 Challenge. We’d love to do it together!
Next week we will be posting tips on how to pick your 30 items of clothing and how you can join along with us! It’s going to be so much fun!